Sunday, December 15, 2013

update! Knitting, crochet, teaching!

Helloo any and all readers!
I've been busy over these past months, years, weeks etc. doing random things, getting married and getting a job at my local Michaels Teaching beginning knit and crochet!
I am currently being certified by the CYC (Craft Yarn Council) and even if I have to stop teaching at Michaels, I hope I can take my certification elsewhere in the future!

Been working on christmas gifts of late and made a hat as a commission for my husbands coworker.
I wanted a quick hat but couldn't find anything I liked with the needles I had on hand.
So i just made up my own and heres my leap into designer-dom

something I always wanted to do!
I really like the combination of Large and small stitches too!

heres the free pattern!

Large and Small Winter hat
 Materials
US11/19 circulars (16")
US 8 DPN (but it may look better with 10's
Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick Solid ( any super bulky should do.)
Abbreviations:
CO: Cast on
K:Knit
P: Purl
CL: Cable left: put next 3 on cable needle, hold to front, k3, k3 from cable needle
k2tog: knit two together

ON US 11 Circulars Cast on 64 stitches ( i use Long tail)  and combine,
Do a k2,p2 rib for about 5 rows (about 1")
Switch to US 19 circulars
row 6:  p3, k2tog, k5, *p3, K6* until end.
row 7-9, *p3, k6*
row 10:  *p3, CL*
row 11-14: repeat level 7
row 15 repeat row 10
row 16-17: repeat row 7
Switch to smaller DPN (you need 5 for the large amount of stitches (I used 8;s)
row 18: repeat row 7
Row 19: knit
Row 20: *k7,k2tog* repeat across, if there is 3 stitches left after last  k7, k3 tog
odd rows 21-33: knit
row 22:  *k6,k2tog*
row 24: *k5, k2tog*
row 26: *k4, k2tog*
row 28: *k3, k2tog*
row 30: *k2, k2tog*
row 32: *k1, k2tog*
row 34: *k2tog around* 7 stitches left
cut 6" tail and weave through remaining stitches.

I think it would also look good as a cinched top. and you could knit the remaining rows after rows 26 and cinch it, (I may do it if I need a hat real quick!)

happy knitting!


No comments:

Post a Comment